|Area:||1.7 km (0.7 sq mi)|
|Location:||5 km (3 mi) from Melbourne|
|Local Government Area:||City of Yarra|
Clifton Hill is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 4 km north-east from Melbourne's central business district. The border between Clifton Hill and Fitzroy North is Queens Parade and Smith Street. Merri Creek defines the eastern border of Clifton Hill. Its Local Government Area is the City of Yarra. At the 2006 Census, Clifton Hill had a population of 5386.
Clifton Hill was named after Clifton Farm, one of the first properties in the area. The word "Hill" was added by land developer John Knipe to spruik the new estate. The first subdivision of 64 freehold properties was auctioned by Knipe, George and Co. on 18 September 1871.
For many years a centre of Melbourne's bohemianism, the suburb has undergone rapid gentrification in recent years.