|Area:||0.9 km (0.3 sq mi)|
|Location:||11 km (7 mi) from Melbourne|
|Local Government Area:||City of Glen Eira|
|State District:||Caulfield, Oakleigh|
|Federal Division:||Goldstein, Melbourne Ports|
Glen Huntly is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11 km south-east from Melbourne's central business district. Its Local Government Area is the City of Glen Eira. At the 2006 Census, Glen Huntly had a population of 4085.
It is a small suburb, approximately 1 km from north to south and 800 metres east to west at its widest point. Its borders are Neerim Road in the north, Booran Road in the west, Grange Road in the east and Woodville Avenue and Oakleigh Road in the south.
Glen Huntly is named after a ship, the Glen Huntly, that arrived in Port Phillip Bay in 1840, after setting off from Greenock, Scotland. She was carrying 157 new immigrants, skilled manual labourers who were heading for the new colony settled in Melbourne. Fever, most likely typhoid, struck the ship mid journey and 10 died berore reaching Port Phillip Bay. The Glen Huntly was forced to land at Little Red Bluff and Victoria's first quarantine station was formed to deal with the crisis.Three more men died at the camp. Supplies and provisions were brought down what became known as Glen Huntly Road.
Glenhuntly Post Office opened in 1907 and its name was changed to Glen Huntly in 1993.
Frank Penhalluriack is notable for opening his Glenhuntly hardware store outside of legislated trading hours during the 1980s. His actions eventually led to a dramatic change in retail trading laws in Victoria.